WIM Compas™ Basic
Display WIM Compas™ Basic
• Full color display with touchpad
• Local calibration and validation
• Password protected
• Non Ex
• Ethernet connection for remote operation via Java client
• Specially designed for low end industry
• Suitable for outdoor installation in ambient temperatures from +10°C up to +40°C
Sample gas is continuous mixed with instrument air under controlled conditions followed by catalytic combustion in an electrically heated furnace. The residual oxygen content in de flue gas is measured with an accurate and reliable zirconium oxyde sensor. The rest Oxygen is a measure for the Wobbe Index or CARI value.
• Steel industry: Blast Furnace Gas, Coke Oven Gas or Mix Gas
• Bio industry: Enrichment to grid quality, micro turbines, landfill applications
• Glass industry; Oven atmosphere control
• Air / Fuel ratino for combustion application
Wobbe index is main indicator of the interchangeability of fuel gases.
Wobbe index is used to compare the combustion energy output with different compositions of fuel gases. If two fuels have identical Wobbe indices then for given pressure and valve settings the energy output will also be identical. The Wobbe index is a critical factor to minimize the impact of fluctuations in your fuel gas supply and can therefore be used to increase the efficiency of your burner or gas turbine applications.
Measure both CARI and Wobbe index
Hobré Instruments has developed the Wobbe index analyzer WIMCompasF in cooperation with the Dutch Gasunie. The analyzer offers a solution for measuring and monitoring the Wobbe Index, Combustion Air Requirement Index (CARI) and Calorific value based on a residual oxygen measurement. For fuel gasses containig CO and H2 there is no direct lineair relationship between Wobbe Index and CAR. For these gases it is important to use both parameters in the control loop. Most important is CARI as the optimal air fuel ratio is essential in efficient combustion. Wobbe index is used for control of energy flow.